Wilderness Wonders Trip September 2023
EAGLE SKY CHRISTIAN CAMPS
At Eagle Sky, their mission is to share the love and message of Jesus Christ with children, youth, and adults from all around the world. They have 5,000 acres nestled in the beautiful Ozarks of Missouri that serve as a breathtaking backdrop for an experience unlike any other. Their dedicated staff is committed to offering each guest who passes through their gates a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn, grow, and experience the power of God’s love.
During our time at Eagle Sky, we experienced so many great things. Here’s what some of our Jr. High students had to say about it:
- “The trip was really fun! I learned more about myself and overcame fears.”
- “It helped me connect more with nature!”
- “I loved it! I learned new things and spent time with friends and God.”
- “It made me stronger…in everything!”
- “I grew relationally.”
- High Ropes Course
- BB Gun’s (Range)
- Eagle’s Nest
Not All Classrooms Have Four Walls!
- Eagle’s fly 20-40 mph
- They dive at 70-80 mph
- An eagle’s talon is as big as an adult human hand
- An eagles grip is 10x that of an adult human; crushing the vertebrae instantly
- Welting: from birth to becoming a bald eagle (it’s a very painful process)
- Eagles are scavengers; they eat whatever they can find
Thank you so much for letting us experience Eagle Sky together. While we were there, I could literally see your children being the hands and feet of Jesus. They were caring for each other in ways that I have never seen before. It was very moving and inspiring. We had a few salvations while we were there as well… WOW! It was one of the most memorable trips yet!
Pictured to the right: Tennis shoes were required to complete the high ropes course. Braydon had slides on his feet at the time. Carter saw the look of defeat on his friends face and kindly offered his shoes to Braydon. This was a beautiful image of Jesus being at the center of their friendship!
See Field Trip Reflection-Eagle Sky 2023 the original post.