Abraham Lincoln was credited for saying, “The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of the government in the next.”
We believe it is essential that we provide the very best support to our treasured youth. If you want to positively impact the future, training and equipping our youth is key.
Intent to Re-enroll for 2023-2024 School Year
You should have received your intent to re-enroll form. Please fill out and return by Thursday, January 19th. noting your intentions to re-enroll for next school year. No payments are due and no additional paperwork is necessary, at this time. Responses are being used to begin planning for next year’s classes, therefore, this information is VERY important. Thank you for your cooperation and promptness in this matter.
- January 9, 2023 – Intent to Re-enroll – Due by January 19th. https://forms.gle/EnNGWMNApQxk2sTh8
- January 26, 2023 – Re-enrollment packets will be sent home for returning students.
- February 23, 2023 – Re-enrollment packets due along with a non-refundable reservation fee of $150.00 per student or $300.00 per family due
- March 1, 2023 – Open enrollment begins. Current PLA students who are not re-enrolled by this time may enroll; however, acceptance will be subject to availability at that time. Classes will be filled on a first come/first served basis.
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held January 17th-27th. Each teacher will send their specific information with available time slots. Please don’t miss this opportunity to learn more about how your child is progressing at PLA.
As with most educational environments, parent teacher conferences at PLA are held to connect the teacher and parent as well as come together in a more formal setting to discuss your child’s progress spiritually, academically, physically, emotionally, and socially.
We dedicate time in the middle of the school year to spend quality time with each set of parents as at this time of year, the teacher has a better understanding of each child under his/her care.
We are dedicating this time for you to meet with your teachers. Each teacher has sent out information about available time slots. If you have multiple children, please coordinate conference times with each teacher.
Please be prayerfully considering any questions that you may want to ask. Also, note that we believe the parents are the first and most important teacher of the child and we look forward to working with you in partnership to create the best possible situation for your child. It is our pleasure to work together with you throughout the school year.
Once again, our philosophy is to always be available (within reason) and open to growth opportunities for students, while communicating such to parents to create the most beneficial learning environment for your child.
Second Quarter Report Cards
Report cards are scheduled to be sent home on Thursday, January 12th. Please review and contact your child’s teacher with any questions or concerns.
Text Alerts-Inclement Weather
Be sure to sign up for text alerts as we will be notifying you of school closures and early dismissal via this system. Type in the link below, fill in the required information and click the box to receive alerts from Prodigy Leadership Academy.
School closures will also be announced on KFVS 12.
Please note you will also receive an email from Amy Grammer with the PLA Post in an updated format. If you do not receive this, please let Amy know.
Lost and Found
We have a Lost and Found box located in the main office. If your child is missing anything, please encourage them to check there ASAP. Our treasures are growing. Also, please label all coats, jackets, backpacks, lunch boxes, etc so we can return items if they are found.
Any item left, as of February 1st, will be donated.
Valentine’s Day Parties
Your teacher will be contacting you concerning individual class parties.
Prodigy Apparel Shop
View the link below to find school dress code appropriate items. Items can be picked up directly from the school. https://shop.mowearusa.com/prodigy_leadership_academy/shop/home
- We offer pizza for lunch ($1.25/slice) the first day of each week! Please pay by sending in cash or check. You can also pay via our online link located on our website.
- Aftercare Program is available Monday-Thursday 4:15 p.m.-5:30 p.m. for an additional fee. Please remember that your child MUST be picked up by 5:30 p.m.
- JAN 12 | 2nd Quarter Report Cards sent home
- JAN 16 | No School- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- JAN 19 | Intent to Re-enroll forms due
- JAN 19 | PTO Meeting 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- JAN 26 | Re-enrollment packets sent home
- FEB 11 | PTO Connections Event-TBA
- FEB 16 | High School Open House 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- FEB 16 | PTO Meeting 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- FEB 20 | No School- President’s Day
- FEB 23 | PTO Meeting 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- FEB 23 | Re-enrollment packets due with fee
- MAR 1 | Open enrollment to the public
**Our PLA Post will be sent out monthly via email and on our website @ www.goprodigy.org**